Please note that shelter services may require a referral by Arlington County DHS. In case of shelter need during non-business hours, households should call 703-228-1010 for assistance.
A-SPAN – Homeless Services Center
- Operated by Arlington Street People’s Assistance Network (A-SPAN).
- Contains 50 year-round beds, five medical respite beds and has an additional 25 slots in the winter months.
- Other facilities have been designated to handle overflow in the event of extremely severe weather.
- 2020-A 14th St N (Courthouse area)
- Learn more about the new Homeless Services Center.
- Neighborhood Liaison: Neighbors who wish to contact the Homeless Services Center for any reason should call 703-228-7800..
VOA-Chesapeake – Residential Program Center
- The County’s primary emergency shelter for single adults is at the County-owned Residential Program Center (RPC).
- Contains 44 beds and is operated by Volunteers of America-Chesapeake.
- Programs help individuals address personal problems through required participation in case management.
- Services help individuals locate permanent housing and find jobs through assistance of the Arlington Employment Center.
- Persons with disabilities are assisted to achieve income and housing through existing mainstream resources.
- 1554 Columbia Pike, Arlington, VA 22204, 703-228-0022
Doorways for Women and Families – Safehouse
- Provides emergency shelter for battered and homeless women and their families.
- The shelter and case management programs are designed to protect women and their children from abusive living situations and to assist homeless women and families by helping them develop plans leading to safe, self-sufficient living.
- Safehouse: 703-237-0881
Doorways for Women and Families – Freddie Mac Foundation Family Home
- The Freddie Mac Foundation Family Home operated by Doorways for Women and Families, Inc. provides housing (21 beds), food, skill building opportunities, referrals and supportive counseling and goal planning services to women, children, and families experiencing homelessness.
- The typical length of stay at our homes is 90-120 days; however with fewer affordable housing options in Arlington, many families are staying 120 days and longer.
- For more information call 703-907-0022
Bridges to Independence – Sullivan House
- This emergency shelter for families is provided through an agreement with Bridges to Independence. Sullivan House is a 50-bed facility in a County-owned building.
- The program provides shelter and case management services to homeless families leading to employment, permanent housing, and achieving self-sufficiency.
- 3103 9th Road North, Arlington, VA 22201, 703-525-7177