Provides assistance with home heating and cooling expenses. Applications must be filed annually for each component. Customers may receive more than one type of assistance within each component.
- If you have a utility bill in disconnect status and need financial assistance, the Clinical Coordination Program may be able to help.
- Provides financial assistance for primary home heating utility costs, furnace re-starts, late fees, delivery charges, installation charges and connection/re-connection fees.
- Applications are accepted the second Tuesday in October through the second Friday in November.
- If approved, payment of what the customer actually owes is credited to their utility account usually in January or February up to the maximum payment. Maximum payment is determined by the state in mid-December and differs each year.
- Repairs or purchases cooling equipment and/or pays for electricity to operate cooling equipment.
- Completed applications are accepted June 15th through August 15th. Benefit amount is determined by the state and differs each year.
- Arlington Resident
- U.S. citizen or eligible immigrant
- Fuel (Heating) Assistance applicants must be responsible for the heating bill
- Crisis Assistance applicants must have a heating emergency
- Cooling Assistance applicants must have an aged or disabled person or a child under age six living with applicant
Monthly Income Limits
|Household Size||Maximum Monthly Gross Income|
How to Apply
Apply in person or via mail to:
Arlington County DHS
2100 Washington Boulevard, 1st Floor
Arlington, VA 22204
Call 703-228-1350 to have an application mailed to you
Fax completed application to 703-228-1011
Electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If everyone in the household receives SNAP, verification documents may be waived. For households in which everyone does not receive SNAP the following are required:
- Fuel (Heating) Assistance, Crisis Assistance or Cooling Assistance application. Everyone who lives in the dwelling/unit must be listed on the application.
- Verification of citizenship or alien status if not born in the U.S.
- Utility bill in the name of the applicant or other documentation that the applicant is responsible for the primary home heating/cooling source
- Proof of income source, amount and frequency
- A Social Security number for each eligible family member