Apply online at CommonHelp, the central, easy way to apply for and get help with assistance in Virginia. In just a few minutes your can see if you can get help with food, child care, energy, medical and cash assistance.
About the program
- Provides financial support, in the form of a subsidy, for childcare to lower-income families participating in an approved activity (working or attending school).
- We provide a listing for licensed family child care homes and early childhood programs that accept the subsidy.
- A waitlist currently exists for subsidized care.
- Arlington residents with low income who are working (part-time or full-time) or going to school
- Children served must be U.S. citizens or qualified aliens
- Children served must be under age 13 or under age 18 if child has special needs
- Children must be age-appropriately immunized
|Household Size||Maximum Monthly Gross Income|
How to apply
Apply in person at:
2100 Washington Boulevard, 1st Floor
Arlington, VA 22204
Call to schedule an appointment 703-228-1350
- Complete application
- Verification of residence
- Verification of income
- Verification of employment and/or school enrollment status
- Verification of U.S citizenship or alien status of child needing care